Why do so many people still insist upon believing in the paranormal?

Despite the fact that there has never been any good evidence for its existence. 

• Tom

PARANORMAL is only the NORMAL we do not know about yet.-----So we still, superstitiously, attribute it to "spirits of the dead" and the like.

there is a lot of evidence but ok-

I guess it's because you're just so much smarter than everyone else.

• Jesere

I grew up in a home where having psychic abilities and telepathy were normal. My parents didn't say anything about our abilities. I am an analytical thinker and have read many a book on paranormal research, because as an adult I  was quite taken aback when I discovered most people don't have these abilities. I wanted to know how and why I can do what I do para normally speaking

• Dr. NG

According to the British Psychological Society, it's a lack not of intelligence or IQ, but of analytical thinking skills. This is reason enough for skeptical folks to post here in spite of the resistance and outright unpleasantness. 

• Mr. P

Many people start off with an open mind that it may exist or not and live their lives like that. But many then do go on to experience something that is paranormal. 

After that their minds are firmly in the belief camp.

Others rely on current scientific knowledge and form their opinion based only on that. It is a good enough method, but closed to new discoveries, and if everyone did that through the centuries we would still be living in caves eating raw food.

• Dixon

There are a whole bunch of reasons and I expect every person has their own mix of reasons. When I was a lad (before the internet) I bought loads of books on astral projection and it was simply because no one told me it was totally bogus and it didn't occur to me that people would publish books full of nonsense.

One detailed reason is I don't think people realise how common and realistic falling asleep / waking visions can be. Any number of paranormal experiences begin with "I just woke up and ..." or "I was in bed trying to get to sleep and ..."

• Zirp

There is evidence, just no proof. Real science means you make a theory to explain your observations, and if your observations go against your theory, you try to come up with a better one.

Lots of people make observations that go against the theory that clairvoyance and telepathy don't exist. We just don't know what the conditions for those things are, so,we have no idea how to *repeat* them.

How do you prove that smell exists when you don't know what air and wind are, and you don't have a sense of smell yourself? How do you prove there's a shortwave-transmitter 500 miles away when you don't know which athmospheric conditions allow you to receive its signal?

I don’t know but it would be good if they came and calmed up down a little before but I saying 

• glcang

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha...have you been living in a hole under the garage? Please do the research before you make a fool of yourself