Bella asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

I told my friend that I want to do a course one year ago, and now she decided to copy me?

I really hate the fact she is copying me, this girl has copied my degree, what car I drive, where I have worked in the past and I’m so sick of it. Now she is copying the course I’m doing. I feel like she has to copy everything I do. I really want to change my course now. Should I, I don’t want to be doing the same as her.but I do love my course. I just wish I kept my mouth shut in the first place and not tell her. I’m really gutted.

• Edna

Get over yourself!  The girl is not "copying" you; she has no desire to "copy" anything you do - she's merely doing some of the  same things she's seen you do. She can't "copy" your degree (not unless she forges your degree certificate); she didn't "copy" your car - she merely bought a car similar to the one you drive (not too hard for anyone to do; almost all cars look alike); she didn't "copy" where you have worked - she applied for a job at a place you used to work; and she's not "copying" your course - she's enrolled in the same course you're taking.

I feel for you. I’ve actually been dealing with this myself. It’s very annoying. You just have to keep your mouth shut and watch everything you say around her. I would just continue with your course, try distancing yourself from her. That’s what I’ve been trying to do but it’s hard bc she won’t stop bothering me. Good luck

• Alan H

However often you post this does not alter the fact that you get upset over trivia.

Just be yourself.  Stop fretting about her

Tell her you are going to move to Nevada and that you are going to work in a whore house and get paid to legally fuucck and suuck cock for a living because its more fun than a real job.'

Invite her to join you and tell her it will be a working trip to pay for the gas.

• .

Take it as a compliment. She thinks so highly of you and your choices, that she wants to be more like you. She has no identity of her own (which is sad). Take the course you want to take and live the life you want (it'll still be YOUR life). No matter how much she copies what you do or what you have, your experiences with those things will be different than her experiences with those things. 

.

If she really is a friend, why not sit down and talk to her about her behavior. Don't accuse or get angry, but ask her why she copies the things you do. Your feelings may change when you learn her reasons (and maybe you can help her find her own identity, if she's open to it).

• Ana

You shouldn’t base your life decisions on whether your friend is also doing them or not. If you would stop doing a course just because she’s doing it, then that makes YOU as dumb and immature as she is! Be the bigger person, and the smarter person… Don’t waste money on a course only to change your mind. Go for that career, don’t worry if she’s doing that course too or not. That doesn’t affect your life

• Bella2 months agoReport

You are so right, I’m going to keep going 

• ?

If it bugs you, dont tell her what youre doing and she cant copy you.

Are you getting professional help?

• Joakim

So weird that it bothers you