Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why would a therapist put me down so much while building up another girl? When I was in the Psych hospital he always put me down?

Said things like “thought you’d be good at this” and other comments hinting I’m bad at everything. In the meantime he was building another girl up, saying she did well, always being nice to her. Saying well done to her. She wasn’t better looking than me either so it’s not that. I get she was schizophrenic, I was just depressed with anxiety and attempted suicide. Why would he put down someone who attempted suicide so much though? Why was he vile? I didn’t do anything wrong either, I wasn’t even horrible.

Maybe he thought she was pretty, who knows.

Whatever the case, it wasn't right for him to do that.

he had you pegged as (figured) a female that wouldn't have sex with him. So hence you didn't exist to him.  it happens.

Therapists: generally crazier than their clients

• Rick

Unless he had issues himself, he might have thought this would somehow help you.  

I don't know all the details but he was in the wrong and should never have been telling you these things.  It's not something anyone needs to hear, especially someone who's depressed and attempted suicide.

If I were you I'd punch that maggot-d!ck motherfvcker in the ugly face hard enough to KILL THEM then find a better therapist, or even better yet, a psychiatrist.

Source(s): Psychiatrists are better than therapists.
  • patty

he may have fancied the other girl. Don;t worry about it.

Why are you comparing your treatment plan to someone else's?  People are unique and their treatment plans are too.

• Elza2 months agoReport

This person is a relentless troll so don't bother offering genuine advice. 'Suicide Sophie' as she has pitifully been named. Be careful, even the nicest, most sincere advice will get you greeted with threats, death wishes and grotesque slander.

Some people should not be counseling others. Never talk to that person again.

Instagram Belinda nOpþO(ßoY).

I think there are two possibilities, especially given that you're depressed. (1) The therapist was incompetent, (2) As a depressed person, you are always putting yourself down, so you re-interpret what people say to you to support your belief that you're no good. My guess is that you're a good person, but when you're depressed it's really hard for you to hear anything positive that anyone says about you.

• Onlooker

Well, Sophie, hopefully you misjudged the situation because obviously in that setting there would be no rational reason for the therapist to criticize you.