Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 2 months ago

What is the male version of a bridal shower?

Don’t say that is it a bachelor party because a bachelor party is the male version of a bachelorette party!

I am a man, so I was never told or explained what a bridal shower is and why women do it.  The bachelor or bachelorette party was one last celebration with the guy or girl friends saying goodbye to single hood.  I heard, recently younger people today have a list of flirty things to do, with guys and girls one last time.  But it seemed a bit much with the dinner before the wedding, with just family and wedding party.  Besides wedding costing so much, especially for bride maids.  Traveling in some cases, the dress usually costing 200-500. The wedding gift, the bachelorette party, with gifts, and or spending a few hundred on the party and drinks. And then women want a bridal shower. with more gifts.  A baby shower I kind of understand, I am over 50 and only heard of bridal shower in the last 10 yrs. 

You can have the shower together and invite family and close friends.  The male version is the same but I have heard of couples having it together and that's all that I have ever heard about a wedding shower.  I will read the other posters responses to see what new things I can learn.

There are no showers for men. I have seen mixed sex showers though. You throw a big barbecue or something and the ladies sneak off for a shower and bring the groom with them while the men play horseshoes. Occasionally a man coming into use the bathroom will pass by the party and make a remark or two.

• Ocimom

There is none.  A bridal shower can include the grooom.

• ?

There is not one.

There's no equivalent.

The bridal shower is to give the woman gifts to start setting up their home; this is a tradition based on stereotyped gender roles. The man didn't traditionally look after the house, so wouldn't get an equivalent party.

guys don't get to have bridal showers.... bridal shower can be for both of the couple together

• drip

There isn’t one.   Although I have seen couple showers. For the bride and groom and both men and women invited.  Gifts on the registry might include gifts for yard work or tools 

• ?

What is the opposite of yes? Don't say no because... just no.

A stag party....