Will tattoo artists still be strict about having a tattoo one day before u turn 18?

My son turns 18 next week and wants one for his birthday and wants it before shall k have a talk with the management at the studio

• Casey

Yes because he still will not legally be able to sign the paperwork, meaning if something goes wrong and you want to sue, they wouldn't be protected. Waiting an extra 24 hours wont kill him

• Laura

Because at that time he is still legally a minor, you will have to sign a consent form for him to get a tattoo, if its even legal to tattoo a minor in your state. 

If it is not he will have to wait until he is 18 and can sign the paperwork as a legal adult. 

They will very likely tell you to come back tomorrow.  if it's a state law, there is no way they are going to risk their license.  If it's their policy then maybe, not all states  have laws dictating a minimum age you can get a tattoo and I suspect that's true for other countries.

I'm not sure where you live but where I live all tattoo studios have been closed as a non essential service to stop the spread of our current viral pandemic. If the studio is open talk to the artist but he will tell you no special treatment for anyone. The artist could loose his license for tattooing someone underage.  I think you both need to wait until after his birthday. It's only one week. Learning how to wait is valuable lesson for both you and your son. Neither of you are special enough for an artist to risk losing his/her business.