Renata asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

I need to cancel my Spirit flights, but I don t want credit for a future flight! What do I do? Help?

I booked 4 tickets for next month and now I can t get a monetary refund back. The website says they will offer full credit towards a new flight in the next 6 months. I booked the trip for my family for my graduation and now that isn t happening. Is there a way that I can get my money back, not via credit for a future flight? Tips???

Unfortunately there is not unless Spirit changes their policy. No refunds in standard in the airline industry. You would have to have travel insurance that covers this to get a refund.

I'd suggest you call Spirit and discuss with them live.  If the first person you talk to isn't helpful ask to speak to their supervisor.

• MS

Unless Spirit cancels the flights, you can't get your money back.  This is why travel insurance is so important.  There is usually a cancellation/change fee that is imposed and taken out of your credit, so they are offering more than what they normally do at this time.  A credit is the best that you can expect.

• Maxi

No the terms are clear