Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 4 months ago

Will there be a 2020 MLB Season?

• Kathy
    Favorite Answer

I sure hope so............

I have serious doubts. We can't gather 10 people now. How do we get to allowing 50000 any time soon.

Yes but it will not begin until June and fans will be limited for social distancing

• Spike

It all depends on how we are doing on the shelter in place and people doing at least 6ft apart when out walking. Also what the people in the frontline have learn, like doctors, infectious disease specialist, epidemiologist and people in the biotech field. How can it be controlled, how does community spread happen, etc..... 

It has already been said it still too early to let some business open by Easter Sunday or states that are not that bad with the Coronavirus(Covid-19). AMC theater chain said like 5-7 days ago that they are closing for like 6-12 weeks. 

Even IF there is a 2020 baseball season, not all teams might be able to play. Depending on how bad the Coronavirus is in that city and state. My guess these teams might not be playing or on a limited bases only. Well other teams can play the whole season. Maybe paly with no fans in stand and watch on TV for the whole season.

San Francisco Giants

Oakland A's

Los Angeles Dodgers

Los Angeles Angels

San Diego Padres

New York Mets

New York Yankees

The best to go check the MLB website every so often, to see are there any new info.

I doubt it. Especially since the Olympics have been postponed. Think about it for a minute. There are 162 games a season. That's a lot of people at multiple stadiums. Lot more risk of Covid 19 passing at large gatherings as such.

I hope so. The games help me sleep