Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 4 months ago

Why do so many websites now need a f*ckin' username and password just to order something?

They usually ask for username and password because while creating a account on any such platform is doing nothing but collecting a details like email ID or phone number and they might sale the same data or use it anywhere. 

So, its a kind of data collection on a applications like food order portals. 

For more information related to such points contact us at : https://marketinglabh.com/contact/

It is better to make an account when you are ordering something. If something goes wrong, it will be easy to find your purchase history and general information regarding your purchase, as well as the company being able to identify you easier.

they are able to spam you and sell your email address for other companies to spam you with.

For security and they need accounts to retain your data.

• keerok

If you're effing pissed with that requirement, then why not hop onto your wretched golf cart and head to the nearest damned mall and buy there instead with your hard cold cash? No questions asked.

I agree with you it is discouraging.

Sites often make money by selling advertising.

A lot of folks use ad blockers.  So sites are requiring you to sign up to get their content so they can use that info for marketing purposes and sell to others.

The NY Times now asks me to sign in to view articles.  Screw that.  I don't read NY Times articles anymore.  I'd be happy to view the stories with ads.  If they require me to deactivate an ad blocker in exchange to get the content, I'll do it.  I just don't want them tracking me.

If they require me to watch a video ad for Spaghetti Ohs for 15 seconds, I'll do it if I can read the article after.

It's for security. Would you want someone accessing your Amazon account and racking up thousands of dollars on your tab?

You create an account with that company/website so that it is easier to keep track of what you have purchased and other information. There are some websites that let you check out as a 'guest', but a lot of them will want/require you to register for an account.