What happens if you drink alcohol in the morning?

My roommate woke up around 7 this morning and immediately took a couple shots of Jack. He said he doesn't usually do that but that he woke up depressed. I told him that was very bad for his health, to drink in the morning like that, but when he asked me how it's unhealthier than drinking at night I couldn't answer him. I couldn't find any info online either. Help!!! Does anyone know why it's worse to drink in the morning?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Great partner woke " up " round 7 today and additionally automatically acquired a good number of golf swings about Jack port. The person talked about the person shouldn't constantly do just that still that they woke " up " miserable. The document assured the dog who was particularly bad for an individual's health and wellness, to make sure you have that morning of that ranking, still, the moment the person quizzed others ways it will be unhealthier when compared to consuming alcohol after dark Document cannot alternative the dog. The document cannot look for whatever knowledge via the internet whether. Benefit!!! Actually just about anyone is aware of as to why it will be uglier to make sure you have that morning?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

"why it's worse to drink in the morning?"    It isn't. The time you drink makes no difference at all.

• 2 months ago

If you are hungover, the headache and nausea go away if you have a shot or two or a couple of beers. This is the reason most people drink in the morning. As a result, they are buzzing all day and many develop alcohol dependency.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Breakfast is the most important drink of the day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

the time of day doesn't really matter, but people tend to note things like drinking before noon as bad because of the overall implication of it. like you just woke up and you already need to drink. most social drinking or drinking to unwind is done in the afternoon or evening since most people will have finished their work for the day by then

• Goerge
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some think that drinking in the morning can lead to drinking for the rest of the day. They also say it's bad to treat a hangover with the same poison you drank the night before.The next morning you have a hangover partially because your body is producing chemicals that make you feel sick.That's compounded by the dehydration that takes place during a heavy night of drinking. That shot of alcohol is proven to make you feel better BUT that can also lead to that person not stopping and continuing to drink which leads to binges and eventual death.  A hangover feels similar to dying of thirst so it's best to drink plenty of water if you want to avoid that part.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Alcohol at any time of the day is not good for depression. That’s well documented. 

As to which is worse to drink in the morning or night , does it matter when  both r bad when it comes to drinking and depression.

My brother died from alcohol because he used it to treat his depression. So I know have first hand experience on this . 

Tell your roommate to try pot instead but be careful on what type and how much . Much better than alcohol .

• Goerge
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

and there's no hangover the next morning unless you eat yourself into a food coma.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What is more concerning is that he thinks self-medicating with alcohol will help his depression. Alcohol actually has the opposite effect. He would do better to get outside or do something active.

• 2 months ago

It's bad to drink in the morning because it suggests he is waking up with a hangover and is 'topping up'.  That is a classic sign of full-on alcoholism.  Never believe a single word that comes out of the mouth of an alcoholic.

By the way, we start each day with a certain amount of self control.  We use that up as the day goes on which is why addictions of all kinds tend to be worst in the evenings.

• 2 months ago

There is no difference based on when you drink. it is no worse to drink in the morning.

• Blahblahblah2 months agoReport

I guess I was just basing my assumption of people's comments that if you drink in the morning, that it's really bad and you're automatically labeled an alchy

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.