Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

My wife's boyfriend is having us over for dinner. He will be serving seafood. How can I politely tell him I'm allergic?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your "wife's boyfriend?"   Thanksgiving is going to be interesting this year.

• Anna
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Sounds like he's in an open marriage, as he is obviously OK with his wife seeing another guy. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Carol
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Bring your own burger.  He probably won't notice as he will be too busy playing with your wife's boobs.

• 2 months ago

By assertively saying, 'I am allergic to seafood'. No harm, just honesty about your needs.

• 2 months ago

Since you know in advance that somebody is going to have you in their home for dinner who plans to serve Seafood, it's best to let them know before you go that you are allergic to Seafood. That way they can make other plans for their menu to accommodate you.

Or, you can go over there with your wife and eat the seafood while they watch you choke and die so they can carry on with their plans after she inherits your estate.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would just come right out and tell him, not sure why your wife has a boyfriend

• Anna
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

He and his wife are obviously in an open marriage which means they've given each other permission to see other people. So she's seeing another guy and he is obviously cool with that.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You do not have to be polite, you just say " sorry but i cannot eat seafood" you have to be up front about it otherwise you will have a plate of seafood in front of you!

• 2 months ago

There is this thing called a telephone. Give him a call and tell him yourself.

• 2 months ago

Better let him know now, rather than after you get there. That way he can arrange to prepare an alternate main dish for you. It might not be very fancy, though (boxed macaroni and cheese?).

• 2 months ago

Why hasn't your wife told him? 

• Craig
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Surely your wife has told him.  Clearly she's toying with you.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Go home, queer!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.