Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDecorating & Remodeling · 2 months ago

Looking for a hallway divider?

In my new apartment that I’ll be moving into within the next 3 months, two bed rooms are connected by a 10ft (length) hallway, and both rooms have no doors. I’m renting this apartment, so I can do any renovations and simply add a door to my room. Anyone know any room/hallway dividers that are good with privacy and go to the ceiling (or close)? Not anything like the photo I sent, as this one would only be head level.

It is hard to find a very tall room divider because they're easily able to topple over.

What I would do is I would get some very thick fabric and cover both bedroom entranceways by using a curtain. Hang the curtain higher than the doorway and wider than the door way. If you use grommets or curtain rings on a rod or ceiling track type installations, the curtains will be easy to maneuver back and forth.

• T-half

I've been saving up for a double rod clothes rack. There is no drilling. Had good reviews from most people.

Another garment rack is one I use. It's very bulky, but has a shelf on the top. It's only 66" high, but you can place a tall box on the shelf to make it block the top part of the doorway. 

And it has wheels that you can move it as needed.

Id use a curtain with a spring rod...easy to go in and out and a cheap fix.

The item you show is a great room divider but moving it like a door is awkward and not sturdy enough

I've never seen a divider that goes all the way to the ceiling. If there was, it would have to be fastened to the wall so as not to be a safety hazard because something hallway width and ceiling height is not going to be stable at all, especially if people are using it as a door. Why wouldn't you ask the landlord to install doors on the rooms? Or ask if you may do so at your expense? What kind of place to live doesn't have doors on bedrooms?

• Lib.rare.ian

They are undoubtedly not legally defined bedrooms.