what kind of soup can i make with chicken besides chicken soup?

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Jane
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why soup? If you have a bunch of chicken meat you could make a pie, curry or stir fry. If you had a whole chicken roasted, you could have boiled the carcass to make stock and made a risotto.

• 6 months ago

Rattlesnake; people say it tastes just like chicken...... 

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

avgolemno, greek lemon chicken soup with rice, it is awesome

https://girlandthekitchen.com/avgolemono-soup-gree...

• 6 months ago

POT PIES!!!! Seriously, simple dough and whatever.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Um....any kind of soup you make with chicken is going to be chicken soup!  But there are TONS of recipes online that use chicken to make tasty soups that aren't like the USUAL type of chicken soup. 

I like chicken/tortilla soup myself--made with Mexican spices, chopped tomatoes and peppers, and rice. But you can add chicken to any OTHER kind of soup, too. 

• hamel5
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I've made butternut squash soup and added chicken, Chicken , mushroom barley soup.

Of course, any soup with chicken in it, would be a sort of chicken soup

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I'm not sure if it's technically a curry but...

A typical chicken soup is what, carrots, egg noodle, celery?

I'd use thighs with the bone in of course. Garlic, onion, hot peppers (jalapeno or better) usually a poblano too, tomato. There's room for additions as you with. Then either a vegetable or beef base instead of chicken broth. Cover tightly as it cooks on low. When it's done, pull the meat apart into chunks.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You can use chicken bones and skin to make stock, Cool, freeze then use it in any soup you want.

vermicelli or chopped spaghetti works well with shredded chicken in soup.

• 6 months ago

That would be impossible. All soup with chicken is chicken soup.

• 6 months ago

Chicken tortilla if you have some salsa lying around. It’s just salsa, broth, chicken, spices like cumin, fried tortilla strips. 

If you want to go the Asian route, you can use the chicken to make a broth then make egg drop soup. It’s just broth, soy sauce, salt, pepper. When it’s hot, slowly stir the soup and slowly drizzle the beaten egg in a stream into the soup. You can dip the chicken meat into (1) a dipping sauce consisting of soy sauce, oil, and green onion or (2) a shredded ginger, oil, lots of salt dipping sauce. You got a meal and a soup out of that chicken. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.