Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 2 months ago

Should I book this flight? Is this stupid?

I know that its an unknown for everyone right now but I guess I just need some insight. I ve been considering booking a trip (within the us, domestic travel) in August but ive been really hesitant because of everything going on. I checked ticket prices right now and they went even lower than they already were. I am so tempted to just book the flight because of these low prices but it feels stupid to right now.

One of 3 things could happen.

1. Everything is fine. You travel. You got a great deal. 

2. Things are still in lockdown. You get credit towards a future flight.

3. The airline you booked filed for bankruptcy or shuts down and your ticket is worthless

It is highly likely the restrictions will be lifted long before August. 

There is no certainly to anything yet.

If you decide to book it, get travel insurance, and BE CERTAIN that it will cover you if you decide to cancel the trip - for any reason.

• Herfnerd

YEah - CFAR insurance is expensive and I have a feeling that policies just got more expensie.  

• hihi!

I would guess August will be safe or it won't matter much any more. Likely few will die of this virus. (compared to flu epidemics or yearly flu deaths). It IS scary to see 'important" people in Spacesuits. (We saw President Putin in a hazmat suit on TV yesterday.. He called for a week off in Russia with pay. Cafes, clothing, etc stores are closed. Food shops are open, no hoarding, no manic panic buying. One in maybe 20 wear a mask. We return to USA (unless it is mayhem) in July to work (if jobs are there). I would think if the destination is important ( Aunt Julie, Yellowstone, Statue of Liberty, Smithsonian, etc. Grandpa Wadofbucks) to you, buy the ticket and plan to go. And of course if losing a few bucks won't kill you, take the gamble on just tossing the tickets!