I had an interview for dominos and after the interview they gave me a form to fill out for a background check,this was Tuesday,did i get job?

I was wondering if i got the job or am i getting the job after it becomes clear,i have no record or anything, am clean as a whistle on my background check so does this mean i am hired or what? Its been since Tuesday and everytime i call they say there still waiting on it?

probably not because if you have to ask...

see what I mean?

Source(s): # LIFE!

It's a very good chance they are going to hire you as they aren't going to spend the money on a background check if they don't want to hire you.

• Judy

Not for sure, but it's a real good sign. good luck. The check can take a week in normal times, probably longer right now.

• Snezzy

It's worthless to try to guess what is going on inside any company that initially appears to need you desperately. It's even less than worthless if they don't seem to want you initially.

You simply do not know what is going on with them, but it's generally not about YOU, but about THEM. 

Here are some examples, some of which I have actually seen:

- The hiring manager, or perhaps the HR person, is ill, overworked, or called off to handle some emergency.

- One of the managers just got fired, and they are restudying everything.

- They are overwhelmed with applicants, most of whom are no good, but they still have to think carefully about each one.

- Management one or two levels up has told them, "Don't hire anyone right now!"

- Your application is being handled by a clerk who once knew a rotten idiot who just happens to have a name sort of like yours. He set it aside, thinking, "Shouldn't I mention this to Big Boss?" Then a week later, "Wade-a-minnit it's NOT that guy. Oops."

Not if you keep calling and they decide that you are too impatient or annoying. You were getting the job, but you can still screw it up.

• Kyle

it could take a while for a background check.  you won't get the job until they offer one to you and give you a start date, hourly wage, other info, etc.  keep applying.  good luck.  

• Tavy

You won't get an offer until the background check comes back.

Stop calling, employers hate a pest.