Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

How often should I actually change the litter?

I usually just keep scooping until I rid it all if faeces, even if it was the same litter for 2 weeks. Is it okay if I just keep re using the same litter as long as I keep scooping it, or do I need to put fresh littler in more often? I also just sweep up old litter around the box, and re use it.

You could scooping the stuff and not change the litter every day. but if it smells change whole litter. But i think half of month need change the litter. at that time, the litter may have been less.

When you scooping the stuff every day the little is getting less, then you may need pull into new litter.

Anyway you will change it eventually.

ps: if you want some cat trees please have a look on cupets cat tree thanks!

I've got only one cat now so can get away with doing a whole litter dump and tray deep clean once every two weeks.When I had the two cats I would do it once a week. I check the  two trays multiple times a day for scooping and now since I've lost my job due to business closures because of this virus I'm currently able to scoop clean after every use basically because I can hear her digging around.

once every 2-3  days....................

• PAMELA

Oh my god, it must stink! it should be changed completly every third day!

• Kyle

as long as your scooping stuff out every day, then it's ok.  eventually, you'll have less and less litter with each scoop.  when it gets low.  then replace it.  or even change out the liner.  even wash out the entire box.  i do that every so often.  

Gross. What kind of litter is this? I know clumping litters claim you can just leave it in there but you're allowing LOTS of bacteria to fester and stink by doing that.

I use wood stove pellets - the best AND cheapest cat litter - and dump all my pans once a week.

probably every day