Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicCountry · 2 months ago

why everybody liked Kenny Rogers and Willie Nelson and Dolly Parton? (Was it because they related to CHRISTIANS? HOW AND WHY?)?

Their music is really that good? how and why?

what about Hank Williams Jr., Jonny Cash, Riba Macentire, etc?

• david
    Favorite Answer

I liked Kenny Rogers because of his music.  I don't really like or dislike Dolly P .. Willie Nelson's voice is too grating sometimes .. not a fan.  I could not possibly care less about their religion.  Hank Jr had a few good songs.  Johnny Cash .. did not like his voice.  Reba M .. I don't know a single song of hers so I have no opinion of her.  ===  Cash (my opinion) screwed up one of the best songs written by Kris Kristofferson. ---  I really like Seve Earle, great song writer and a good singer when he was younger .. I think his voice is going.  John Prine GREAT song writer and singer.  Iris Dement GREAT.  Delbert McClinton great for 40+ years.

Pure Prarie League, Eagles, Jackson Browne, all really good .. And Brad Paisley, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffett and Carole King ... more recently Old Crow Medicine Show, First Aid Kit. Others I am forgetting...  For all of there there are 5 times as many bad singers.  ====  And I do not care about the religion of any of them.

• Archer

"Everybody" is not Christian you know.

RIP Kenny Rogers (passed last week)

I loved Islands in the Stream, the duet with Dolly Parton

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HQW7I62TNOw

Here is your FIRST ERROR:  You actually think that EVERYBODY likes country western music.  Second error:  You actually think their music is "really good".

No.  Not ALL AMERICANS like this type of "Honkey Tonkin Wife Swappin Cheatin Heart" music.  Sorry.

• Leo

Why the hissy fit?  All of the people you mentioned are (or were) great performers.

• Lv 6

why? because they are a bunch of red neck christians?

• PoBoy

They all snort the same cocaine. 

• Willie is a doper. That's probably why trump-tards like him.

• pot is what he is most well known for, but he probably did & does anything that's in front of him.  Not that I have a problem with that.  After all, he did hang out with Johnny & Kris & Waylon. 

• zeno

It was at least one song people like per artist.

It had little to do with religion.

• Lv 6

so you like their songs? which ones out of those? what was wrong with the others?

forgot about the "Achey Breaky Heart" guy, (the father of that lesbian slut Miley Cyrus)