Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 months ago

Do you think the government will eventually shut down grocery stores. My husband said they should shut down grocery stores too?

He said the only way this virus will stop is if grocery stores shut down. He was like “ people just gonna have to live off peanut butter sandwhiches for a while. People moving too much”

• Candi

Its really scary to try to do the groceries that way because you forget to bring what you were going for, I couldnt just browse the way I normally do, I head this girl coughing in the store while I was on the opposite end and quickly went to grab some napkins and toilet paper, I only took the essentials like milk, bread, cereal, beans, macaronni, and some ramen maruchan soups for my son. I told my son it was really risky out there its sad I have to go out there again to keep trying. Im not sure if they should close them just screen them at the door that way senior citizens can be safe at least. 

• Burgoo

your husband is right, i have a hard time they will be willing to cause that level of unrest over the total lockdown/store closure. if the peak of the cases doesn't happen in april, i think you might see it by june though

The US government would have to drive down the street and pass out flour and eggs, hahaha. 

The best answer is to look at Italy.  Full quarantine in the country and yet grocery stores are still alive and well.  Don't worry about that.  Just go shopping as early in the day as possible.  

I really don't think that is an option. As it is grocery stores are being very closely monitored, and are following the physical distancing policy pretty well.

They cant. People need access to food. If they shut down stores theyll have to deliver food. How well do you think that will work

No way!!! 🤣🤣🤣

No, there's no way that can happen, they simply can't do delivery only, even with shops open the delivery booking slots are all rammed for a few days, they'd never get to anyone on time.

Start looking at your husband and smacking your lips.

• zeno

Sorry but your husband is over reacting. We

Have too many business being shut down in

Barely effected cities and states. We can't shut

Down everything without destroying our entire

Economy. We need to only close some business

In heavily effected cities and states. Find ways

To give people the things they need. ( Groceries

And lots of other things are never shut down

Goods and services. ) we need to focus more

On keeping the economy going and prevent

As many deaths as we can. But only a very

Small percentage actually die from the corona

Virus. So don't over react. We have a small

Percentage of people wearing masks in our

City with no reported virus cases so far. Oddly

Most of them are black women with kids.