None asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 2 months ago

How much vitamin c supplements to take daily for cornovirus?Is it safe to take vitamin c daily to enhance immune system?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Hello Ross,

(The use of vitamin C is covered below.)

In the case of infection by the "COVID 19" virus, do not take any anti-inflammatories since these suppress the immune system.

If you are already on anti-imflammatories, consult your doctor.

Antibiotics have no direct effect on viruses. They only work on bacterial infections, but can also suppress the immune system.

The following is intended to form a suggested alternative / complimentary medicine strategy for viral infections.

When a person gets an infection it takes the immune system some time to recognise the pathogen and produce a specific immune response. Therefore I suggest that one of the following remedies should NOT be taken until a severe infection has commenced and another of them with a further delay; I have indicated each affected remedy below.

It stands to reason that with a current threat, a person may want to obtain the items they need in advance, to be held on standby, either for themselves or others, because once one gets ill, it becomes somewhat inconvenient obtaining them.

During a pathogen threat, take some Vitamin C such as 500 mg once a day, but take more of it during infection since the immune system uses vitamin C to fight infection and uses more, according to the severity of the infection.

Warning:

Ensure the vitamin C supplement(s) you obtain contain “Bioflavonoids”, which is needed to enable the vitamin C to be absorbed.

It is also worth remembering that the body cannot store vitamin C.

Vitamin C:

Once an infection starts, consider:

Continuing your usual vitamin C increasing the dosage to 500 mg, three times a day. If this helps, consider increasing the dosage.

I suggest two types of vitamin C. Take both: Non-slow release (the normal type), together with the Slow-release type, to make up the dosage upon which you decide.

Treatment with vitamin C may assist in removing types of infection, while lessening both duration and severity of symptoms:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC54096...

Zinc Picolinate:

Follow the instructions on the product.

Astragalus root (Chinese herbal remedy) (Astragalus membranaceus) also known as Huang Qi:

Follow the instructions on the product:

I suggest Astragalus should not be taken until a severe infection has commenced.

Do not take Astragalus at the same time as other herbal remedies (an example would be Echinacea) - in other words if you wish to use a herbal remedy make up your mind which one, but do not take more than one herbal remedy at the same time.

L-lysine (amino acid):

500 mg to be taken on an empty stomach, leaving one hour before eating or drinking anything other than water during that hour. (Thus taking it first thing in the morning may be convenient.)

It helps the immune system produce specific-immune response structures.

I suggest L-lysine should not be taken until a severe infection has commenced and moreover also a delay in taking it of about two or more days into the infection.

Why? Because it takes time for the immune system to identify a pathogen and to produce an immune response specific to that pathogen. If you encourage the immune system to produce specific immune structures too early, they will be untargeted, which would be "unhelpful".

Why take it?

Because it is at the very stage the immune system has become ready to target a pathogen that the body may have become weakened by the illness and so could do with this type of support.

Keep yourself warm (at normal temperature), since when the body gets cold, this causes the immune system to become less efficient.

If the symptoms get worse, consult your doctor.

If you suspect any pneumonia (an infection resulting in inflammation of the lungs' air sacs (alveoli) which may fill with fluid or pus): You should consult your doctor or emergency department without delay.

Conventional research (news item April 11, 2020):

High success rate treating patients having the COVID-19 virus, using Hydroxychloroquine (anti-Malaria drug) with antibodies.

Study by Dr. Idir Bitam, Director of Research, IHU Marseille, Algiers, Algeria.

France 24 have apparently not retained this news item in English on their website, but I found the French version, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCeloIkJ_UI

Youtube thumbnail

I hope this helps, and I also want to point out that I am not a doctor.

Robert.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

chew a 250mg tab of Vit C daily

to boost the immune system

• 2 months ago

As long as it's not to much its safe but its unknown if that's going to help with the virus.

• 2 months ago

Vitamin C for illness is pretty much b*llshit. Unless you have scurvy (a serious vitamin C deficiency syndrome) or otherwise very low vitamin C, it won't help anything.

• hart
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

get chemicals it will help

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

There's not any published research about if taking supplements might help to prevent coronavirus since this is a new virus that wasn't present until a few months ago.

It is safe to take vitamin C daily? Not in all cases. Most people don't need supplements and as with medications shouldn't be taken without a consult with your doctor or a dietitian,

Source(s): I'm a Dietitian
    • hart
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

https://draxe.com/health/how-to-boost-your-immune-system/

• 2 months ago

Eat 2 serves of fruit and you probably won't need a supplement.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You'll just pee out the extra and probably get a stomachache.

NO significant difference in immune system.

Eat high Vitamin C fruits like citrus, tomatoes and bell peppers.

• ...Show all comments
    • Robert
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Treatment with vitamin C may assist in removing types of infection, while lessening both duration and severity of symptoms:
      https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5409678/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.