Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

My job has been closed for to weeks due to Corona. Are we going to open back up?

My job shut down a week ago because of the virus and they said that we are supposed to open back up on April 5th. I work in a fashion store (retail). They also said if they were to extend the store closure we would know by this Friday. But, i want to file for unemployment but i can’t sit around waiting for my job to decide what’s it going to do 

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

follow your states dept of labor laws, you are losing money now cause you are not making money, think for yourself, not others like what your boss "will say", go with what dept of labor says, if it hurts their feelings, too bad, you got to survive through this

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Go ahead and file. The important thing is to make sure money keeps flowing in. Don't count on any government check for a thousand dollars. Gather all the money you can

• 2 months ago

YOU ARE SO STUPID you ask here...

'CALL your boss and owner of the COMPANY YOU WORK FOR AND AK THEM... NO ONE here can answer your question..

• falcon
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Don't file yet wait till Friday  and see what they say

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Connor
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

It’s up to you to decide what you want to do. Your store closed because it’s considered to be non essential - you have not lost your job.

You need to learn to have some patience and hopefully you’ll be back to work. 

• 2 months ago

You SHOULD have filed regardless of the business reopening. You just report the change if you reopen. Any business closed because of a 'stay at home' or 'shelter in place' order WILL NOT reopen until the order is lifted which is EXTREMELY unlikely to happen this week.

• 2 months ago

I think May1st is a more realistic date for a lot of businesses.

• 2 months ago

So go ahead and file. Nothing is stopping you.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Fashion shops are not considered essential so i doubt that they will be opening any time soon, start your claim!

• 2 months ago

My boss called me a couple weeks ago and told me we'd be closed until April 7.  At that point we'd re-evaluate the risk.  And at this point it looks like April 7 will be too early.  It's looking like we're going to be shut down until the end of the summer.

• Beaster2 months agoReport

This is a doomer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.