Why do paranormal believers come to Yahoo's paranormal section?

Not talking about the fans of Utts or Sheldrake.. etc  that actually want to get a bit sciencey  More the ones that want to shoot the breeze and yarn about their supernatural experiences.

What are they hoping to gain or achieve? 

• Gary K

They think they are sufficiently knowledgeable to answer genuine questions.  But, in general, true believers live inside a confirmation bias bubble and lack a nuanced knowledge of their own subject.  They often lack science literacy and react poorly when people present proper science here.  Not all of them - but the vast majority.  

• Jesere

I come here to find others who have paranormal experiences like I do, we are few and far between. It seems odd to me that so many do not believe, and the real shock that comes when we do find out not many people have these experiences.

• Garrett
      1 month agoReport

No one actually has such experiences. 

• Mr. P

I like to read other people's experiences, and if people ask for mine I share them.

I don't know the reason for them or the mechanism of how it can happen, but every now and then something is said that hints at how this is possible.

Why do you go to gay clubs? A better question would be, WHY DO NONBELIEVERS COME TO YAHOO PARANORMAL SECTION? Don't you think? Better still, WHY DO CHILDREN WHO HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING PAST THEIR PLAYSTATION COME TO YAHOO PARANORMAL SECTION. We like to talk to other adults who have had similar experiences to our own in the hope we can put pieces together and work out what this world and life is all about. That is what this section is for. Unfortunately, we have to do this in the company of other peoples children who wah! and stamp their feet because we are not talking about anything within their scientific understanding. Scientific things such as Transformers and Ninja turtles. 

These same children run around handing out TD's and generally being big girls blouses because they have no belief (or idea) of the section they are on. If they are so interested in talking about science, they could simply click the science link given above and gone would be all the questions about ghosts, aliens and all other topics of a paranormal nature that upset them so much. Gary K, for instance, would get a true look at science and would find himself a little lost when dealing with genuine scientific minds, and his plagiarism would be spotted in a jiffy. You, on the other hand, will be just as lost as you are here but with a bit of luck, you may mouth off to someone who happens to live in the next street. Oops! 

Edit, Those aren't sceptics NG and neither are you? You are denialists I doubt you have met a sceptic apart from Jon. If someone wants to read anything about FU, they would be better off checking the newspapers.

• English Guy

Wah! look what the bad man wrote mama. Hahaha!

• Dr. NG

While you can't tell from the posts (most of the time) I like to think they come for points of view, hard information, and opinions. Say little Johnny watches a paranormal show on the Travel Channel. He may believe the tales, but something tells him "I need to analyze this a little more carefully. This is where he can get a more open-minded view than he'll find on those "true" Travel Channel rip-offs. Maybe Johnny reads Gary or Furious Unicorn or any of the skeptics here and starts asking himself questions. Without even knowing it Johnny has begun to learn Critical thinking.

• 👻

Because they may want to share things that have happened, or read others experiences..any number of things, why do you think? And why do you care? If you can’t relate to the section why be here? YOU seem to be the one with the agenda, not the other way around.