Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 6 months ago

Can I lend free books for a library and download them to my Kindle?

If yes, how does it work?

I have a Kindle but don't have the cash to buy Amazon books all the time.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Most public libraries lend electronic versions of books.  You simply need to have an account with the library i.e. library card.

I quit buying books almost 10 years ago, I'm still reading paper versions of books but I now borrow them from the library.   I also borrow a lot of movies on DVD or blu ray and the occasional music CD. 

• chorle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I tend to see what BookBud, Book Barbarian, and Book Pebble are saying are temporarily free and checking to make sure they are still $0.00 in case the post comes in the wrong email they send me. 

You can also down look books in Public Domain form gutenberg.org that you can read on a Kindle 

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No - but you can borrow books from the library.  

The library owns them, so they are the lender.  You are the borrower.And you can download many free books from Amazon.  They have a very large selection.

• 6 months ago

Oh, sure. Happens all the time. That's similar to what I did, once, when the washing machine broke down. I simply donated all my clothes that needed washing to local charity shops then, when they washed and put them up for sale I bought them back, for pennies. A brilliant idea AND it helped the blind dogs, or whatever the hell they were.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • enn
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Actually, there are a lot of free books that you can download to your kindle! Here is a (safe) link to the free books listed on amazon you can download free of charge: https://www.amazon.com/ideas/amzn1.account.AFPSXMM...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.