Is Dr. Fauci the only one up at the podium who knows what he's talking about? Is this why Americans are feeling panic and uncertainty?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sort of.   I think he talks sense but there are many other so called experts who say very different things than he, and that’s where the confusion comes from.  

He predicts 100,000 deaths, others claim a million or more.   Some say this thing will peak in less than a month and die down by late May, others say it will be 18 months. Fauci says it’s too soon to know if social distancing strategies have been real effective or not, others say differently.  

So called authorities make claims based on a mortality rate than anyone who’s taken a statistics class can tell are false.   Some claim thousands will die because of ventilator shortages, others claim not. 

It’s this conflicting information that I think is causing panic, more than the men behind the podium.  They’re not the ones fear mongering.    

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Yeah..he knows..though Bear (the user) is right.

Worst case scenarios are the norm now, however.

Stay safe, bro.

(political bs aside)

• I think the human race is feeling the stress, when they all talk they are being forthcoming with input, I'm not sure what more you can ask for in a pandemic

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Dr. Brix appears to have become the Trump Medical token this week.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, he's the only one on the podium who knows the truth and is willing to speak it. As a result he's now a target of a far-right conspiracy meant to destroy him. There's a front-page article in today's New York Times on this subject (see source below).

• 2 months ago

He knows what he's talking about, but he's essentially giving mostly worst case scenarios so people will take this seriously

• That pretty much sums it up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.