Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 4 months ago

Should I reconnect? ?

My high school best friend is trying to reach out to me again after a fight that ended in him ghosting me. I’m not gonna lie I acted really crazy some of the time during our friendship. Though that said he would make decisions often about our friendship without consulting me and not want to hear my opinion, he would also lie to me about things involving me. We got in a fight and he lied to me, then I called him out, and he ghosted me next. Now he is trying to reconnect with me and seemingly acting like nothing happened. I used to blame him for all our fights but now I’m looking back and I’d say it’s both of our faults. Should I try to reconnect also or just stay separate? 

• Alan H
    Favorite Answer

If you  have both matured since then,  it may be worth trying

depends on if you want to talk to him again or are you happy with the way things are now.

It sounds like you both are finally ready to reconnect. When you come with all the baggage of the past, you aren't ready. And him acting like all that you remember never happened sounds like he isn't holding onto the baggage either. Good Luck.