How to get rid of orange “slime” coating dishwasher?

Hi! Needing some advice on my Whirlpool dishwasher. I have owned this unit for about 10 years now and within the last couple of months, it has developed this bright red orange coating on the interior surfaces (think if an Oompa Loompa rubbed their face on a white wall).

I pull the screen and the filter out of the bottom on a regular basis and clean it with peroxide before rinsing and reinserting into the machine. I also use white vinegar on a wash cycle weekly. It doesn’t seem to be cutting it anymore.

Any other suggestions? I was wondering if it would hurt to run peroxide on a wash cycle through it.

I do run dishes in the machine daily and am suspect that the heating coil is no longer working which could be contributing to the problem.

I can wipe it off the walls of the machine with a wet paper towel, so it’s not permanently stuck to the walls.

Thanks in advance for the help!

you have to clean that yourself and skip the diswasher 

• Barry

You could ask your water supplier to visit and test for contamination. They are responsible for supplying potable water. I wouldn't run peroxide or anything other than dishwasher detergent in it as it may damage the seals resulting in a flood. Replacing the heating element is a simple matter. Google it for tutorials.