Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 2 months ago

How to over come revulsion to a food item (chicken feet)?

Everytime I see it in the meat cooler at the store it makes my skin crawl or I feel like I'm going to throw up. A neighbor was cooking some chicken feet stew and it smelled good but when she told me what it was I got dizzy and nauseous. I had to leave.

It's weird because I eat pig feet occasionally. Not my preferred food because it's so fatty but it taste good to me. I love ox tail and other unconventional animal body parts (organ meat). I eat almost everything else on a chicken except liver (taste too bitter if not prepared right) and chicken neck (makes no sense hardly any meat).

I need to figure how to over come this revulsion. I dont ever have to eat it but I want to be able to be around it since my Haitian friends like to have it at events and parties. I don't want to offend people but the disgust shows on my face.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.