What's your advice for someone who wants a change in career or a change of job, besides get off Yahoo Answers?

Education, to get qualified in what you want to do. If you have to support yourself meanwhile, night school. It won't be easy working days and school at night but for a short time, it will be worth it.

Do what will make you happy

• n2mama

If you know what it is you want to do, find out what you need to be successful at it. This might mean going to school or some type of certification program. Realize that if it’s a change to a field completely unrelated to anything else you’ve done, you will likely have to start at the bottom. So you also need to make sure you can financially afford to make the change. If you currently live on a 50k salary but the bottom of your new field pays 25k, can you afford a 50% pay cut? 

If you don’t know for sure what you want to do, see if you can do something as a side hustle for a while to determine if you actually like it or not before quitting your current gig. If you have a partner, make sure they are onboard with your plan and the impact it will have to them. And be prepared to have a backup plan if you aren’t successful in your career change. 

Three years ago my husband decided he wanted to change careers, and his chosen new job was close to a fifty percent pay cut. I told him I could give him a year, because I could carry our family financially for that long. He was not successful, ended up getting laid off, was unemployed for eight months, and currently works at an essentially entry level job making about 25% of the job he walked away from. It has been incredibly stressful, and I don’t think he considers the stress to me, only his own.

• car253

If you don't have other responsibilities, family, kids, ect to consider, then go for it.