Why are people who are still working and getting their regular pay receiving the COVID-19 related stimulus checks? That doesn't seem right!?
- ?Lv 72 months ago
Because its a STIMULUS... WHAT is it about the word you do not understand.. Didn't you finish the 9th grade in school to know how a STIMULUS works..
GO BACK TO SCHOOL.
I plan on using MY STIMULUS to go and buy the Jon Boat I Have been saving up for and I will get it a year sooner then I would have this way.
GONE FISHIN for a couple weeks so do not bother me I will be out in my tent on the far side of the lake.
Closest people to me other then on the military base side of the lake where I will be is about 3 miles away...
- USAFisnumber1Lv 72 months ago
The idea is to pump more money into the economy to keep it going. What will a person out of work use it for? Groceries and pay the rent, same thing they did in the past. On the other hand a person working will use the money for fun stuff, keeping the barbers, salons, bars and gyms going.
- Anonymous2 months ago
1) this has zero to do with the military
2) just because you are working does NOT mean your household is doing okay, you could be working less, only 1 person working, having to pay for child care, etc...
3) it is an ADVANCE on the 2020 taxes it isn’t free money, you could end up owing money
4) besides if you are not working you should be getting unemployment.
- StephenWeinsteinLv 72 months ago
Maybe to cover the added expenses of having to buy things like food and toilet paper wherever has any left instead of wherever it's on sale.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- The TaxpayerLv 72 months ago
....because they are still working.
- OnlookerLv 72 months ago
I agree, and plan to donate mine, but I suppose it's being done this way to get Republican Congresspeople on board. They probably wanted the money to go everyone, even the superwealthy.
- W.T. DoorLv 72 months ago
Most people are negatively affected by the crisis, and the number will increase the longer it drags on. The only way to quickly get the money to people who need it is to simply give it to everyone. Note that individuals making over $75K/year get a reduced amount and people making over $99K/year get nothing. There are a LOT of people in the USA making over $75K/year.
- WillLv 72 months ago
Because we're special.
- heleneLv 72 months ago
"Stimulus" checks are to SPEND. To stimulate the economy.
- PaladinLv 72 months ago
I didn't know any checks were sent out yet