Any options for a convicted felon?

My older brother is a convicted felon and is pretty much at a dead end currently in life, are there any programs he can join? I know now is the worst time to ask but he's getting to that point where he feels crime is his only way out. Anything would help. Thank you.

Out where?  It will land him back in prison.  Is that the legacy he wants to leave his family?  Ask him.  He can expect to reap what he has sown for himself - odd jobs, low income, a shitty life, for the **** he pulled on people, which landed him in prison, with a felony record.  What did he think would happen when he got caught and was convicted?  Tell him to suck it up.  Live in sh*tholes because nice buildings don't want him and jobs - why would they hire a felon when they can hire someone with integrity?  Sorry if I sound rather callous but, I just told it like it is.  The facts.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.

In the Army .. you know the song?

• babyboomer1001

The military won't accept a felon.

Well everyone deserves another chance and people with criminal records can still find new employment, you just have to tell them in the interview, don't hide it and then they don't have any way of doing anything when they find out, if they already knew.

I don't think so but you can try searching for less jail time