Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Do you consider native American as the orignal Americans of the us?

How far back do you want to go for your answer? Because we could go farther back than the more commonly known "Native Americans"...n

I do not.  America was named by White/Hispanic Explorers.  The people living on the continent had no Religious or Cultural concept of ownership so when the Lenape of the Algonquin Tribe sold Manhattan, they were committing fraud.  Only later did those people's understand the value of land and committed Cultural Appropriation by demanding monies (or property) from the perceived value of lands they wandered on as hunter/gatherers.  What we now call "Natives" are still very good trackers ...

North American natives belonged to hundreds of individual tribal nations. There is only one USA, founded by a western culture unlike any previously here. While indigenous populations are whole members of the nation state now, they did not originate it.

They don't care if 'i' consider them original or not. If you were here "originally" and I walk in from (or my grandparents walked in from Italy) then I am the foreigner and YES,  you are the original American. How can my opinion change that?

• ron h

The frist americans (by various names and tribes)  got here first.  I was born here, so I'm a native American.

• AgProv

If the majority of  Mexicans aren't really European Spanish but descendents of the original Indian population... then this makes them the legitimate Americans and all Europeans into the illegals, the ones who came over as economic migrants from poverty in their native countries. I like this idea.

As close as any we have. Many are enrolled members of tribes which are considered as sovereign nations within the US complete with their own laws and protocols. 

of course not

they took the land from the peopled who were here before them

the Inca's were in north america long before modern native AMERICAN TRIBES

even the aztecs were in north america before they were force to ,move south into what is now mexico

• Ashley2 months agoReport

The Inca and Aztec culture were both under 1000 years old when they died out, and were a combination of peoples before they became kingdoms.  People arrived on the North American continent from traversing the Bering strait over the land bridge and moved east and south over the next few millennia.

Sure buddy, whatever makes ya happy

Either them or the Clovis people. The jury is still out.

• ron h

Same people?  Maybe. The reason this is discussed that as horrendously Euro's treated first Americans, The FA's had warriors long before Euro's arrived.  (I don't deny that Euro's were disclosable as were Asians and Africans.)

I think we're all Earthlings and I think that's all that matters