Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

I really wanted to be their friend and I'm hurt over this, help?

So I basically had happy 'moments' with people in a professional setting. I liked them and they seemed to like me too. I liked being in their company. But because of professional reasons, I had to go to a different place. So now I'm no longer in contact with them. It was only professional but it felt like at time, we had a friendship kind of connection. This was about 2 years ago.

It hurts because I miss that person and will probably never see them again. I really wanted to be their friend. I doubt they feel the same way.

How do I get over this?

Update:

Please guys try to give me a paragraph of an answer even if a small one. 'Just get over it' is too simplistic and doesn't help.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I think you need to contact the person if you feel that way, from my personal experience, the more you push away and hide how you feel it just makes your feelings grow stronger for the person. Especially if they've never done anything to hurt you, there's no way to forget a good friend who never hurt you. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You should try getting in touch with them.

Possibly work.It's worth a try.

• 2 months ago

I learnt the extremely hard way that life has no time do deal with emotional scandals 

• martin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Try contacting the person every so often, just some little contact to see if you get a response. It could be that this person is afraid of forming any close relationship with you for some reason having nothing to do with you personally.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You just have to let go of them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.