Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Should the Second Amendment be taken away?

I’m 21 years old and I’m 5’ 4” and weigh 105lbs. Someone told me I should not have the right to defend myself. If someone twice my size were to nab me, I wouldn’t stand a chance. I’ve also been approached before in parking lots (I had someone with me at the time but they turned their back for a moment). I don’t understand why I shouldn’t have the right to carry a concealed weapon when I know I’ve been approached before and consider myself an easy target. 

Favorite Answer

You should  get yourself a pistol, a concealed carry permit, training, and lots of practice. And, no, the second amendment should not be diminished  in any way.

• James

You certainly sound like someone destined to be a victim.

If you carry a gun, then you won't stand a chance of survival, because they will have to kill you, to keep you from shooting them with your gun.

You stand a chance only if you are unarmed, so that they can safely leave you alive.

• Squid

Absolutely you have the right of self defense.

If you are trained and competent in firearms, go for it. If not, there are other options, such as pepper spray. Ownership and carrying a firearm entails a commitment to achieve and maintain proficiency and restraint. These are extremely important. Best of luck to you.

Someone told you you shouldn't have the right to defend yourself?  What?

Before spinning your wheels, pay less attention to what other people say.

Why do you need MY approval to carry a concealed weapon?  I've had a concealed permit since I turned 21.

Sure and then when some future President declares martial law and tries to take away your freedoms you won't be able to resist. Great idea.

I'm also small and thin. To make matters worse, I almost 70 years-old. No need to make any argument to me. Especially when the bad guys are well armed.

I agree!

It should be revised.

🥴 It's funny. Because as soon as a pandemic hits, no one can buy guns to combat xenophobia in self defense.

Aint that about a bxtch?

The ones who need them, can't buy guns. The ones who don't need them, can have a gun museum in their homes.