Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

I hate my Dad. Is this wrong since he is a parent or is it okay since he abused me?

He lies habitually and is extremely arrogant. He abused me emotionally (not physically). My mother did also but she has changed and is loving. I think she was a good person and just toxic through her bitterness. 

Favorite Answer

Spend the next 3 months learning about narcissism and then in the Bible the reprobate mind. You have hours and hours of studying to do he will change your life completely. There's thousands of videos on YouTube about it.

• GA41

I am sorry you are hurting.  It is not mentally healthy for you to hate your dad.  Festering hatred, resentment, and bitterness will destroy you like a cancer.  Forgive your dad for your sake, not his sake.  The Bible says to "Honor your father and your mother", it also says to love your enemies.  It also says If you do not forgive others their sins, your heavenly father will not forgive you your sins.  It also says a person who is angry with their brother is in danger of the fires of hell.  So if you're using the Bible as your standard, then yes it is wrong to hate your Dad even if he abused you.  I recall Jesus forgiving those who had crucified him.  Do not mistake forgiving your Dad as condoning the abuse.  It also doesn't mean that you must maintain a relationship with your Dad.  You can remove yourself from his abuse.  You can dissassociate with him.  Praying for your Dad will help the healing process.

• martin

Although it is damaging psychologically for you to hate one of your parents, it is OK when you were abused.