Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

When we get to the peak of the virus, does that mean that the rate of new cases will start falling quickly and steadily?

For example, some experts have predicted the peak around Easter,

If that pans out, could I expect a reopened world, and to be back to my normal activities and places of entertainment in May?

• martin

Yes, logically. Late May would be about right, if the rate declines at the same pace it accelerated.

Trump is not an expert.

• Crash2 months agoReport

Im not quoting Trump.

• Larry

Medical Experts don't even know when, or if it's going to peak. It may be a year, or two or maybe never. I hear them saying that we may have to learn to live with the virus, whatever that means. Don't get your hopes up yet.

The decline in cases is like the increase of cases, in reverse. After a sharp increase, a sharp decline. After a shallow increase, a shallow decline. A peak at Easter is unlikely. Maybe sometime in May, but June is more likely. We'll have a much better estimate when the 5-minute testing machines from Abbott - now being produced at 50,000 units a day, are distributed, and the statisticians have the data they need to make a prediction.

Watch closely what happens in China and East Asia first.

China is slowly opening up and South Korea and Japan will follow soon. 

If there is no spike in reinfections there we'd be about 2 months behind them. 

If we'd been watching what was going on there 2 months ago the worst of this could have been avoided. 

No one knows what to expect or what will happen. Even the best experts can only make educated guesses. You're just going to have to wait and see like the rest of us.

If so I think it would be more like mid june to avoid a resurgence. That is my unprofessional opinion of what will happen.  I am probably wrong.