Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

What do you think of Trump now saying 200,000 Americans could die from Coronvairus and that he did a very good job?

He went from calling it a hoax to 1 person from China to it'll magically disappear to now admitting 200,000 Americans could die and that he did a very good job.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to answer any question claiming that President Trump said the virus was a hoax when he said no such thing.

I though it was popular among dislikers of President Trump to say that his supporters thought they could have their own facts? I see that applies to his detractors as well.

As long as Trump is one of those 200,000 I would not hold a grudge.

As he said in the Rose Garden tonight if he hadn't acted in Dec by blocking China travel and then the rest, the death toll could have been 2.2 million.

• mokrie

He IS doing a good job. And he never once called the virus a hoax. That was fake news. China lied and hid or destroyed all their data on the virus from November till January. They arrested and jailed China doctors that tried to warn other doctors. They threw out reporters so no news could get out. So instead of blaming Trump, put the blame where it belongs on China.

• Elaine

It shows that the medical experts were not only able to show Trump numbers but that his handling of Covid-19 could negatively affect his re-election chances. 

Yeah it's tragic but in my opinion a disease has to reach a death toll in the millions before we start risking global economic collapse and worldwide depression. The difference between an economic depression and a virus that's kills 1% of its infectants, is that an economic depression harms a lot more than just the elderly and weak.

No, Trump never called it a hoax.  Democrats and the media (I repeat myself) keep repeating the lie, but it is a lie.

Even the Trump-loathing Washington Post admitted it was a lie in a rare instance of journalistic integrity.  See the link.