Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

I'm attracted to someone I shouldn't be. How to stop or come to grips with the situation?

He is everything I thought I didn't like in a person.

He has long bone straight dark hair. He is white...not the problem. It's just his complexion is very pale. Like vampire and pasty. He hardly goes outside in the sun. He has sensitive skin. He is so pale I can see his veins. Usually it creeps me out when I see people's veins. (Sorry I'm dark and don't really see different color veins)

He could possibly have ADHD (no official diagnosis). 

He is very controlling and has money. It's uncomfortable cause he tries to fix all problems with money. He always wants to give it and I refuse but now he does dumb stuff like hide it in my clothes or room.[This in itself makes me want to run for the hill. I've seen to many relationship go left because of it. I don't ever plan on being a kept woman]

He has a history with drugs (prescription) and a sex tape online.

He is kind of antisocial. Very rude. He mocks others, and has a very dark sense of humour. My morals align with Christianity so he likes to make me laugh. I always feel guilty for laughing because it is so wrong. It's not funny but it is in a sick ironic way...I don't know how to explain. He is very cynical and doesn't believe in the good in people.

I don't like facial hair but he started growing some and it doesn't look bad. 

I'm worried about what others would think and how the relationship will work in the long run. He might be bi. 

Should I ignore feelings (how) or start a relationship?

• j153e

You might read Shaunti Feldhahn's "For Couples Only," and understand that sometimes "forbidden fruit" or "the grass on the other side of the fence" are temporary psychological paasions. In your case, he might represent the "bad boy" some girls like to play with before settling down.

Somewhat related, a good read: "The Great Divorce," C. S. Lewis, a novella.

I think you should start a relationship.

You know him really good.