Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

How do I calm my anxiety and ease my depression during the lockdown from COVID-19?

Any social interaction must be on-line and everyone I know is sending panicked messages saying (stay indoors) and things like (if you have to go to the store don't look at people, keep your head down).

The world is in the panic and anxiety I am in everyday as an Emotionally Disturbed person and so it makes my emotional disturbance SO MUCH WORSE as it goes to triple disturbed.

Favorite Answer

Pray to the Lord Jesus Christ.

• Dave

Earthquake in Idaho.  Jesus is definitely coming soon!

Usually i drink herbal sleep tea few hours after lunch and an hour before bed time. Makes me feel calmed and I feel like all the stress and anxiety just leave my body, and that makes me feel like I can get a peaceful sleep and i usually do. I hate talking about this now because this pandemic is emotionally draining me and I had enough of it.

Stay home and avoid the news. 

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

Great idea media is All making us 
      anxious 

Turn off your internet and go for a walk.  If you have anxiety, social media only makes it worse.

Focus on the positive aspects of your life, and ensure to reach out to others so you do not feel alone. Stay connected with your family, extended family, friends and neighbours. Be grateful for one thing each day, and go walking simply to give your mind a change of scene.

Everyone is struggling. Maybe put your energy into art, writing, starting a creative project of some sort, even if it's cleaning the garage or organizing drawers or filling trash bags with stuff you really don't want or need anymore.

There are movies, but yeah, i'm getting tired of them. I'm not much on TV anyway. Never was. I walk my landlord's dog every day for at least an hour, sometimes two (in my neighborhood and i avoid people). It's a great way to get out of the house. I listen to a book on my phone while i'm walking - or music.

and i avoid the news most days. I look at it every 4-5 days.

This is all being overblown, know the truth

It isn't as if you are going to be housebound for the next three years. It is necessary for the time being, just so that the virus can be slowed down. I would think you would be happier knowing you are doing what you are supposed to do than being like the assholes that intentionally go out in groups for the fun of it. And why, in the name of time would someone tell you to skink around the store like you were a criminal in hiding?? That is just stupid. If you have to go to the store, just make sure you are six feet away from another person, they will no doubt do the same, get what you need to get and leave; the same as any other time you go to the store. This foolishness about the virus lasting forever, and all that is crap. It is a really shitty, nasty flu-like sickness that just got ahead of us; THAT'S ALL!!

You can telephone friends and family, use Facetime or other face to face apps. If you go to the store, there's no reason to keep your head down, smiling or greeting people from a distance isn't going to infect you. I definitely recommend staying away from news outlets and social media, if you feel like you have to check in on the state of things, keep it to one professional and fact-based resource, check it once and then do something else. Something I've found helpful is to set an alarm to go off regularly and change activities when it goes off. So, if I've been cleaning for the past hour, when that alarm goes off I'm going to put down what I'm cleaning and I'm going to maybe watch a favorite show for an hour... then I'm going to make a meal... then I'll draw or paint or whatever. Get the numbers for crisis lines in your area or call national warmlines if you need to talk to someone, if you have a counselor, engage with them via phone or telehealth or see if you can get scheduled with someone.

just pray it ends soon, i hate it too