Ben asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Pan Frying Fish? Salmon or Mackerel?

I know grilling or oven cooking is healthy.

But is pan frying salmon or mackerel in 2 teaspoons of olive healthy?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If you are using salmon with a skin and have a non stick pan, you do not need oil.

Just season it and cook it in very low heat skin side down, covered.

I love to make a lemon juice - soy sauce mix to serve it when done.

I even use the skin and microwave it for 30 seconds, it's just a great crispy treat, ( not so healthy)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

They are both really oily fish to start with, so really, just a bit in the bottom of the pan to keep them from sticking would be all you'd need. Make sure you don't have the heat super high either.

• Linda
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, it is healthy. Do you want to fry up some excellent tasting salmon? Mix one bowl with equal parts corn bread and bread crumbs with lemon pepper seasoning. In another bowl add 4 eggs and skim milk. Dip your fish in the batter then the meal mixture and heat a frying pan with a few tablespoons of olive oil and fry the fish 5 minutes on each side. The fish is delectable and flavorful and heart healthy.

• 2 months ago

There is nothing unhealthy about pan frying fish and is done all of the time a very common way to cook fish.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Healthy enough, but why would you want to fry an oily fish? The next time you have mackerel, try making it Lyonnaise. If there is any left over (doubtful), it's good cold too. I usually pan-broil my salmon filet, with a dill-cream sauce.

• Linda
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

That's another good method 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.