Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Girls/Women: How on earth do you get every bit while shaving (down there?)?

It's so hard! I spend ages trying to shave everything and 1) it's still got a grey cast and stubble just after I shave

2) how are you meant to see that far along near your crack

3) how are you meant to shave the parts almost inside the lips since that skin is tender and cuts easy... 

Please share your tips and tricks. And how often you shave... it's so hard! I put one leg up in the bath and still couldn't do it. I plucked and it hurt so bad!! How do you clean- shaven ladies do it??

• Carol

Electric razor is best as it doesn't cause irritation around the vagina

I just groom down there...I take off about half of the pube hair..it looks much more trim but not bald 

1. Wish I knew how to reduce the grey, almost "5-o'clock shadow" look. I don't know how to help with that part, sorry.

2. I use a large mirror and place it on the ground, and squat over it. Uncomfortable, but works. Then I take a picture to make sure I didn't miss any spots (then delete the pic obviously; cuz usually I did miss a spot lol)

3. Very slowly and carefully. Use water and shaving cream.

I honestly wanna just start getting waxed, it looks so much nicer and less hassle, albeit more pricy.

I never shave or wax down there

• Joe_d

That's great actually!

• D_21

Have you considered getting waxed regularly? I don't know if that would be affordable for you to go to a salon/spa to get that done. (Under normal circumstances of course)

Or maybe just buying a ladies personal trimmer, and instead of shaving it all the way down just keeping it neatly short.

• :)

I sometimes get Brazilian waxes, and that’s perfect if you want the pôrn star look. Otherwise, an electric razor does the job better than a manual razor.Just be careful.

• Tavy

Shaving is for porn stars, very few women do it these days, and I doubt you are a woman.

• D_21

Women should do whatever the heck they want to with their pubes. Grow it out, shave, trim, wax, dye it, use a depilatory cream, laser it off and vajazzle it. Personal grooming is a personal choice.

I'm not currently clean-shaven, but I have been. I found it went much, much easier with an electric shaver. I'd go over everything every two or three days, and always the day I anticipated romance was possible.

The women I know who are always clean shaven don't shave, actually. They get waxed professionally. It gets every bit if your waxing person is good, including hard to reach or angle areas.