Why do people think that anyone who's from West Linn is rich?

I grew there in the part of town that was middle class, we lived in an old shack that was literally falling apart, I guess it was built long before they started to build huge houses up in the hills or on the river

well, it is a lot richer than Oregon city, Gladstone, or oak grove.

however yeah I know what you mean, there is a lot of lower end housing off hwy 43 near Bolton school or in the Willamette area off the tenth street exit, but then you go up that one hill and there is Lots of newer expensive houses.

yeah I would say 25% atleast of west linn is not wealthy at all.

There was a "Street of Dreams" in 1983 in the Sunburst II neighborhood.  It was very popular with huge (possibly record high) attendance and it definitely gave the impression of 100% wealth.  On the relatively lengthy drive through the hills to it, there were no "shacks", just lots of wealthy associated homes.

maybe caused theyve known people that have lived there that were rich

Middle class is considered rich to some people

I think you answered your own question. When you were growing up there, it was average people who lived there. Now, it's wealthier people, and people who didn't know the place before think it was always that way. It's not the only place where that has happened.