Can I still travel to us from canada to be with my aunt? ?

I am supposed to go in 3 months, August 2nd and I’m panicking because I am planning to live there .... but the covid 19 is going on

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Experts are predicting a summer slowdown in infection. But even they admit that's just a guess based on how other coronavirus mutations react to heat. So just stay informed and as your plans get closer you'll have more info about what's allowed and what's not. Given Canada's relatively small infection rates as opposed to the US I could easily see Trudeau trying to keep the border closed for as long as possible. You also need to consider that unless you're already a Canadian citizen you may not be allowed to live in Canada. That country has immigration laws just like every other.

• 8 months ago

wooww Aug very very Aug is months away, by then you will know.

• 8 months ago

Nobody knows what will be happening in August.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

If you can prove your 

aunt needs a carer they might.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Not now. It's not known what the situation will be in 3 months.

• 8 months ago

Unless you are a citizen of Canada or granted landed immigrant status, you CANNOT live in Canada. You can visit, but then you have to LEAVE.

At this time, all entry to Canada for people traveling for reasons other than crucial ones is barred. No one can at this point guess what the status of the Covid 19 pandemic will be in August, and so, making plans for such non crucial travel would be stupid.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Canadian border is currently closed. You're going to have to wait to see what happens.

• 8 months ago

By then, it will likely be ok and if it isn't, there's nothing you do can about. That being said, panicking about it now does no good for anyone.

As a side note, I assume you've applied for the proper permission to move to Canada if you're planning on living there. You need to either apply for a visa or immigration. You can't just 'move' to Canada. Check out the Government of Canada's Immigration website for more information.

• 8 months ago

Probably.  That's still 4 months away and I heard that things should calm down by summer since viruses don't like warm weather.  

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Aug is months away, by then you will know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.