Roxy asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

Why did my sister just get her period...She's 9!! Help me. I'm really jealous!! >:( ?

Why did my sister just get her period when she's 9 and i only got my period when i was 12 now i'm 13(I turned 13 on feb16 LAst monthhh) and it hasn't even been a whole year since i got it i got mine on August 1in 2019!! . :( I'm so mad that i jinxed myselffff!! UGHHH! She doesn't even know what she's doing!! I was waiting for my period since 5thhh gradeee!!! I watched youtube videos and educated myself!! And i still have discharge even though i got my period!!! THis is not even fair. I know that the ages in when you get your period is 9-13ish, this doesn't make cents my mom got her period when she was 13 so and my older sister got hers when she was 14 so the ages would be 12 and 14 but NO she got hers at 9. She's not even mature to take care of her period!! UGHH :(

There's no specified time when girls start getting them. It can be in her genes, or her regimen of sports and diet that might bring it on quicker.

Since you’re quite young I can understand why you are jealous. It depends on genes. For all you could know her cramps may be awful. I have bad cramps and immobile when I am on. I also wished to have my period earlier when I was younger cause my sister teased me about it but I got it late. It’s given me hell and I also have underlying health issues too. If you don’t have cramps at least be grateful. You may be jealous of your sister but do remember she is young and may. It fully understand.

• Carol

Sometimes I cannot understand my own gender.

so you think its fun and to suffer several years early is great

• :)

Are you kidding me? You need to grow up, fast.

Ok, I literally turned 12 a few days ago, and even I am more mentally mature then this.

everyone gets there period at different ages. It depends on genes, you probably have some great grandmother that has early period genes or something, but they were recessive, so they are only showing up in your little sister.

sorry you are jealous, but you need to except that she simply has her period earlier then you.

Why are you jealous? I'm sure you know that periods aren't exactly fun. Everyone gets their period at different ages. It's usually genetic but not always. I know someone who got hers at only 9 but her mom didn't until she was 17. Everyone's body is different, no need to get mad or jealous about it.

It may be shocking that even though your mother and your mother's sister got theirs at 13 and 14 respectively, however, there could have been a recessive gene that your mother carried and it just so happened to show up in your sister. Don't get pregnant.

-Yours truly, JewishBoy23

• Marc

Why does it matter??? Its not you and has nothing to do with you. She is her own person and body as are you. Dont worry about her.

Why in the hell are you jealous? Periods are the worst! If I could have gotten mine at 21, I would have still been pissed that it was too early. Periods SUCK.