PART A: Which TWO statements best express themes in this story?

This from the story ¨Spunk¨ by Zora Neal Hurston.

https://www.commonlit.org/en/students/student_less...

A.Community members determine an individual’s social standing and identity through their personal judgments.

B.When gossip spreads, a person should defend their reputation, no matter the consequences.

C.Killing another person, even in self-defense, is morally wrong, since all human life is valuable.

D.Sometimes fear prevents people from taking action, but it can also push them to take risks.

E.Seeking revenge for violence is the best way to ensure justice and create lasting peace.

F.It is best to put the needs of the community above the needs of the individual.

• Speed

And you think it's which one, based on your reading of the story? Or maybe you have it narrowed down to two and want help deciding which, after you explain to us why you think it's one of them.

What, a student who didn't read the assignment and hoped we'd do their work? Why, that's never happened before!

• Nyla Brown2 months agoReport

I think it is C &D but I got it wrong. I thought those was the answer because Spunk was supposed to brave and confident.