Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 2 months ago

Can I get into Harvard?

Or Yale, Stanford, MIT, Oxford or Cambridge? I'm an italian student, i got out of high school with a score of 90/100, i got 35/36 at the ACT and almost perfect at the SAT. I also have a C2 english certification and i speak the language better then the vast majority of italian students. Can i get into at least one of those universities?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Maybe. We cannot guarantee you anything. Harvard is a very tough school to get into. All you can do is wait and see what happens.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Ya Harvard will take anyone with a heartbeat and deep pockets. American college and universities are a joke

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Be sure to apply for student financial aid, if you apply to Harvard. It bumps up your desirability significantly, due to the major kickbacks involved.

• 2 months ago

Nope. Why? 90? THAT'S IT? 98 or HIGHER...maybe..whatever this is SUPPOSE to mean.

College is a complete waste of time and money and effort for the VAST majority of those who go. Ivy league schools have become less and less relevant in the past 20 years...and the tuitions keep going up - 450% in the past 20 years. Ridiculous.

Engineers and physicians and (yikes) lawyers need degrees. If you insist on the silly college part...START ONLINE and PAY AS YOU GO. Much of it is FREE...and you can get the PRELIMINARIES out of the way. Then community colleges for a bachelors...then a "prestigious" MASTERS degree at an Ivy league...is FINE...but STILL COSTLY.

College for a degree...typically take 6 YEARS these days. ITS INSANE. Use the ONLINE sources and GET A JOB! Verify what you want to do with REAL WORLD experience.

• Hockey
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Even better, watch TEDx talks:

https://dilbert.com/search_results?terms=ted+talk

• Hockey
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Perhaps, we cannot say that. The first question would be if you can afford it. For foreign students the costs are very high.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

All of the schools you mention have exceedingly low acceptance rates, and turn away a majority of their applicants, including many who are well-qualified. 

No one here can tell you whether you will get in or not. All you can do is apply and keep your fingers crossed. 

• 2 months ago

Focus. MIT is for engineering, physics and mathematics. Yale is for law. Stanford is for general sciences plus law. Cambridge if for mathematics and history (if I'm not mistaken).

I don't know what European universities are like. Here most universities want potential students to do volunteer work of some kind before being accepted. Harvard medical school wants students to work as nursing assistants or to do some other kind of hands on experience.

• 2 months ago

So are you really an American citizen as you've indicated elsewhere in Italian? As an American citizen who is fluent in Italian, you won't be adding the diversity that you've asked about in your other questions.

Do you already have an MBA? If so, why haven't you mentioned that here? Are you applying as an undergrad student or a graduate student? Or are you just a troll?

• If asker is an American citizen he has no chance of getting into an elite US university because he will be processed as a US applicant.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Google for educational requirements. You will also have to pay International fees for Oxford and Cambridge.

Tuition is not free.

• 2 months ago

The entry requirements for each can be found on their websites. If you're clever enough to get in, you'll be able to do the research first.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It depends if you're white most likely not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.