What would happen if I attempted to arrest a police officer for making an illegal stop ,search or arrest?

Can I put cuffs on an officer and throw him in the back of my car if I believe that he may be making an illegal arrest, search , or stop? I am a libertarian and defend what I believe in. I know my rights and if a police officer tries to make an illegal stop- I am considering doing this

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

LMFAO!

Go ahead, 

just be sure to get it all on cam & share when you get out-o-prison,

it'l be frkn hilarious! 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You will get beat down if not shot.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You would lose.

• 2 months ago

Your course of action is to file a complaint and supply evidence to support your claims. You cannot, ever, interfere. It is never your call to make on the legality of any action taken by law enforcement.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Sure, go ahead and then drive to the police station to turn him or her in.  When you arrive you will be arrested for kidnap, resisting arrest and several other things and thrown in a cell.

• 2 months ago

the judge will not be amused and, after a few days in his cells, neither will you

• Your definition of “illegal” isn’t what most of the world believes.

• 2 months ago

As you know you can arrest another citizen in violation of the law, but not in a manner that breaks the law. You do not have the legal power to detain another citizen or the right to interfere with law enforcement. And without legal power such actions are NOT within your rights that you claim to know.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm a female officer.  Let me put this in terms you can understand.

I guarantee you don't have the b*lls to do this.

By all means, next time you see an injustice (and I hope I'm the Officer), cuff me and "throw me" in the back of your car.  Just wondering, what are your plans after that?

Being a libertarian is probably the least of your problems.

• Tamara2 months agoReport

Said with the most up do respect you never properly answered the mans question instead treated his question as rhetorical?

• Mark
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Oh, it would not go well for you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.