Two people have a debate. One person makes a claim. The other does not accept the claim made is true. Who has the burden of proof?

• Huh?
    Favorite Answer

The one making the claim always has the burden. 

Update: one religious coward that posts anonymously and blocks others claims a Christian should walk away from those questioning their belief. That is anti-biblical because it ignores his obligation described in 1 Peter 3:15. Not only is anonymous a coward but a bad Christian as well. 

• God told me that the 144,000 that are sealed are children during the Tribulation Period. i don't have to prove that to anyone, the burden of proof is NOT on me. i merely tell you what God told me. The burden of proof is on YOU. Search the Scriptures and see if what i say is TRUE or NOT True.

Neither why my answer is because I believe in what I read. I believe in what I hear. Its my choice and my opinion to accept what is real or fake. Don't know if this question relates to Jesus Christ, basketball players or who's the smartest person young Sheldon or the other Sheldon. You can show the burden of proof but where did the proof come from because we do not know if it was copied. This is like a riddle.

The person who declared something as FACT. That's the person who has the burden of proof. 

No one who belongs to Jesus wastes their (precious) time debating those who don’t want peace. We are commanded to walk away and brush the dirt off as a testimony against you.

Because if you won’t listen to Moses and the prophets why would you believe anything I have to say? Even if someone was to rise from the dead you would not believe.

The person who supports the less well attested claim has to provide evidence to shore it up. It's called the law of Parsimony.

Every year millions experience God for themselves. You should, too. It's the logical thing to do. Don't bother moving the goalposts. It's more evidence than you have to shore up your fantasy that there is no God.

Hence the atheist, who makes the positive claim that there is no God (don't bother denying it), has to provide evidence to shore up his position if he is to be taken seriously.

• Huh?

You clearly have no idea what the law of Parsimony says, you have got it wrong. 

The claimant, always

• tenn

The one making the claim, obviously.

the person making the claim obviously

• Paul

Well, in most cases the one who makes the claim has some kind of evidence. The one who denies the claim usually does not.

Lets find out:

I claim to be second comming of Jesus of Nazareth. 

• Space Wasp

@Phil M: Think about what your comment means regarding the burden of proof (that was the point of the answer you commented under)...