Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 4 months ago

What are your thoughts on PETA?

• Ocimom

You really don't want to know....... to be nice I'll just tell you I would not give my last dime to PETA!

they do a good job and i have donated to them. They need to do more about animal cruelty in the asian countries

I think the members are well meaning but often are "over the top."  They act in violation of the law.

• *****

They have done far more harm than good for animals. They hold extreme positions and use violence and shock campaigns to promote their agenda, as well as targeting young children. They do not believe in animal welfare, but rather in animal rights, which is a whole different matter. Their prominence in the media and their extreme and impractical positions cause many people to lump those fighting for animal welfare in with them, and sets the process of achieving more humane treatment for animals back hugely.

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals. Many animals are better when they're served alongside mashed potatoes and gravy.I think the PETA organization goes way too far with their extremism.

They do more harm than good. That, and they use horrible fear and scare tactics to convert people, mainly small children and teens, into their beliefs. Kind of sick. I remember a few years ago, they were calling "Pokemon" a horrible thing, that it promotes mistreating animals...if that's not geared towards children, I don't know what else is.

They commit more acts of violence against animals then any other group or person on the planet. It was funny watching their news conference with EVERY SINGLE member wearing leather.

• Matt

It WAS decent, way back when... Now its overreacting with messed-up methods just for any public aporoval for its kill-shelter. It should euthanize its social media acounts imo

That sometimes they go too far.  I am an animal lover all the way, but PETA goes bat **** crazy from time to time.