Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

I had ANOTHER cheat day and binged on my diet. I am so full of regret and wish I never did. What do I do?

I feel like it’s going to ruin all my progress. I’m so disappointed it myself I should’ve just touched it out, but I went and binged hard again. What do I do? I feel like I ruined all my good progress. It was going so well.

I've lost 100 kilos. With EXERCISE. It worked for me because I didn't 'diet', but exercised my butt off (!). Not at a gym - never been in one. But I have an exercise bike that I ride at home and walk every second day. You have to do the bike every day.  Listening to good zippy music helps your speed as well as get your mind off what you're doing. I didn't pig pout on KFC/Pizza - but would have the odd piece/s. One thing you HAVE to stop is alcohol. Exercise gets your metabolism working. Your metabolism is actually your liver. Drinking alcohol slows your liver as it tries to deal with it. Why work if you're going to slow it down? (I have OCCASIONAL drinking days ) but NOT in the beginning!! Going off the wagon is normal - it's one cheat that won't sop you. It only hurts when you just stop trying . . .   

Be resilient.

The attitude helps to combat regrets.

You will relapse, regress, and fail.

Each time this happens, learn from it.

Problems persist because they were not resolved. So if you don't become wise from your mistakes, they repeat.

• 2 months agoReport

Hey, is that David Duke?

Eat a sammich. 

Okay there's a trick I learned from Chloe Ting. Before you eat a cheat meal next time do hiit cardio and then eat it because instead of storing it as fat your body will turn it into energy. Also have cheat meals not cheat days an entire of eating unhealthy can ruin a week's  worth of workouts. You'll have to workout twice a day on your cheat meal days to get results if you have any certain goals in mind bc the purpose of working out the first time on those days is just to keep the junk food from storing as fat. In order to build muscle, shed any extra weight, or get stronger etc. You would have to do it twice a day on those days. Also only have a few cheat meals a week. Once or twice or even three times. Every other day isn't bad just make sure you always stretch first, never have cheat days just one cheat meal on those days, and never do hiit two days in a row bc your muscles need recovery time. Just do steady state cardio in between times a long with a little bit of strength training. Chloe ting has the best workouts. 

If you have cheat days then you're not on a diet. You're either on a diet or you're not, there is no in between.

You get up, DUST OFF, and start again right away. You're not alone, a lot of people do this. It's very common.

I wish you all the best there is! You've got this.

It's just food. It's ridiculous to feel guilty about eating. Just eat what you want and listen to your body. You binged because your body desperately wanted food.

• Mike G

Stop cheating. You're welcome.

Just exercise until you sweat. Burn some calories. And make yourself eat healthier the next day. 

You should give up on the concept of a "diet" (that almost never works) and instead concentrate on making slow gradual permanent changes to your diet.  And you can still eat everything you like, just less of it.  What is the point of a diet when you are just going to go back to your original eating patterns?  It's not because you have bad willpower it's because the very concept of a diet is misguided.