Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

Weird Lower Back Pain...Help?

I have a sharp lower back pain that just started on my left side. I went for a walk today, but

otherwise

I have just been sitting doing work. I also have been experiencing some pelvic pain and discomfort. I had my period 2 weeks ago. Also, as a side note, I'm not sexually active and am a virgin. Any ideas of what this could be? Overall, I just feel really achy. Thanks for your help.

• Andy C

Constipation.

.

You may have pulled a muscle somehow. Another possibility is that you have a urinary tract infection (UTI) that has become a kidney infection. Usually you know when you have a UTI because it stings when you pee, but sometimes you can get a kidney infection without being aware that you previously had a UTI. (That's what happened to me.) If you do have a UTI or kidney infection, you go to the doctor for a urine test (you pee into a cup) and then they give you antibiotics. But it could also be many other things. If the pain continues, call the doctor. Meanwhile, use a heating pad against that side of your back (but do NOT sleep with a heating pad on; it can lead to serious burns).

Keep an eye open...lower back pain is one of several COVID19 symptoms. The others are: headache, fever, coughing, and breathing difficulties.

If you start to get any of these other symptoms and find you have a fever, you should get tested.