Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 6 months ago

Can I enroll in a 2 year university if I’m already in a 4 year university?

I’m almost finished with my second year at my 4 year university but I don’t feel like it’s the school for me. I don’t know if it’s “allowed” to switch to a community college so I can transfer to a different university 

Thanks for the help! I’m a first gen student so I didn’t know how it worked

I went to a community college while I was enrolled in my university to take some lower-level classes at a cheaper rate. My university accepted the credits for a requirement I needed for my degree (I didn't need the credits, just the requirement). But I think my universities don't care.

• Hockey

Well, ask the university.

It would make sense if you decided academics was not for you and you go for a vocational/occupational licensing/certification program. It's not going to do you much - if any! - good getting into another 4-yr university now anymore.

• MS

You can just apply to transfer directly to another 4-year college or university.  There isn't likely to be much offered at a community college that you haven't already taken.

yes, you can probably do that. when colleges reopen ... maybe this fall, maybe not, too

• drip

A community college is for your general education classes, which you should of mostly finished by now.

If you want to go to a different university, apply as a transfer student.  You can transfer from one university to another.  

• John

Just apply to the other 4 year school as a transfer student.  Every school's website tells the procedure. 

You could but you might have trouble finding courses that you have not already taken. Why not transfer to a different 4-year school?