Would a Health Admin degree be good for Physician Assistant school ?

I would like to major in health admin because I really like the aspects of leading a team and making a difference in the community while also having that medical aspect to it. To me, it is like the study of society but medical focused, I'd like to call it medical sociology in some cases. In the future, I would like to connect with my patients as a PA not only by the medical conditions but I also want to empathize with them in terms of their history. family backgrounds, interests, and just be an overall, well rounded healthcare professional. My first major is biology which is obvious, but I think doubling with health admin will really make me stand out and show that I care about the overall health of the community I live in. Health admin is so opened and I believe that I can explore a lot and do a lot of research to further explore my two passions: community health in our current society and medicine. Idk how dumb I sound right now. I have been looking at other forums and they say health admin is kind of a vocational degree and will not look good because "it is too easy" (QUORA member)  and that "this will only make you look weak and that you're too scared for the challenges in med school" (REDDIT member) Thank you, please don't roast me. 

• MS

Health admin has nothing to do with the things you described.  Health admin deals with running a hospital or clinic.  You will learn about management, accounting, grants, etc.  That degree provides little in the way of teaching you to connect with patients.  If that's your concern, then you might want to consider a major in public health, psychology, social work, etc. 

No. I think you are mixing up public health and health admin.  The coursework for healthcare administration degrees include hospital management, accounting, budgeting, marketing, human resources, health economics, law and ethics, biostatistics and information systems. Those are not classes about empathy or history or family backgrounds.  Those are business classes geared toward the running of a hospital or clinic. 

If you want a double major, try psychology, politics, poverty studies, etc.  Otherwise, just skip the double major or minor and take a few classes in some subjects that interest. you in addition to your biology major. 

Probably a poor choice. You need to fulfill all prerequisites for admission to PA graduate programs, just as you would for admission to medical school. It is unlikely you would get enough of the required sciences, math/calculus, etc. Unless you complete premed program with health admin major....

• Hans

It wouldnt hurt. Is it the best idea? I don't know without though research.